Friday, May 30, 2008

The Loved-one

•••

GUIDED EXPERIENCE
The Loved-one


This guided experience is a direct result of a personal situation and experience with the death of a loved-one.

The purpose of this experience is not only to obtain reconciliation with the loved-one, but more importantly, to reconcile with the fact of death of this loved-one. The advantages of such reconciliations are great, and will benefit us not only from the point of view a changed external behavior and integration of negative contents, but also from the point of view of gaining a new perspective regarding our relationships with other loved-ones who are still with us.

This guided experience could be done either alone or with others. To do this G. E. alone, one can record the experience (with the gaps included) and then played back.


----------------------


I am alone in my room. Suddenly, I feel a strong presence of my loved-one. (*)

I begin to remember the one best moment I had with him/her. (*)

He/She takes me by the hand and we go out of the door. The day is nice. We walk and find ourselves in a secluded park. Alone in an open space, we sit down on an empty park bench. (*)

Facing each other, my loved-one takes both my hands and tells me his/her feelings for me, and say everything he/she have wanted to say... I begin to feel my loved-one's unconditional and eternal love for me. (*)

For my part, I tell him/her my own feelings and say everything I have wanted to say (vocalized)... (*) (**)

He/She looks me in the eye and with the kindest voice tells me that everything is all right; that he/she understands very well all the things and circumstances that happened between us. I, too, tell him/her that I fully understood and that everything is now fine with me. (*)

I put my head in my loved-one's shoulder and he gives me a gentle and loving embrace. (*)

My loved-one stands up and starts to walk slowly away towards the green meadow. Then, a ray of light begins to shine from the sky touching him/her. He/She begins to ascend -- as if being pulled by the ray of light towards the skies. And as he/she continues to ascend, I see his/her gentle face slowly turn towards me, and with the sweetest smile, I hear his/her voice telling me that everything is all right, that I should learn to reconcile with myself, that from now on, everything will be just fine; and that he/she will be with me forever. (*)

Still with the sensation of the strong presence of my loved-one, I stand up and begin to walk back. Only now, do I really become aware of my surroundings. The day is beautiful. The sun is shining brightly; the sky blue. I begin to feel life all around me... with my gaze still towards the skies, I begin to feel a total comprehension about the situation. Then, from within myself, I feel a gentle and silent joy slowly spring forth. (*)

I continue to walk. I look up towards the open sky and with my loved-one's smiling face still clear in my mind, I begin to rescue the beautiful moments I had with this person.(*)

I stop walking for a moment and silently, I give thanks within myself for everything this person have done and given me. I realize now that his/her actions are now all part of me, and through me these actions will have no end. (*)


----------------------


NOTES:

(*) Give enough time for the participants to elaborate their own images. Gap between the paragraphs will depend on the complexity of each particular passage.

(**) If one is doing this G.E. alone, one can say this part aloud.

Interchange of experiences. Participants can relate their own experiences if they wish to do so.
•••

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for this writing which I was at least able to connect with although painful.

Peace, force and joy

Liz

Godi Gutierrez said...

hi liz... sorry for this very late reply to your comment, but i have been busy with my other blog, and the editing of my book, free interpretation redux, http://freeinterpretationredux.info/. Anyway, i am glad that you are able to connect with guided experience. hugs... godi