Saturday, July 12, 2008

the sacred

•••

Do you really want to come face-to-face with the Sacred?

Go look into the eyes of a young child. Know now that you are in the presence of what is Sacred. Can you feel the child's innocence, feel the child's purity? feel the child's Sacredness?

Now remember and imagine yourself when you are at this age. Do you remember how innocent you were? How pure you were?

Can you feel the Sacred in this child?

Now can you feel the Sacred in you?



---------------------


Guided Experience
THE SACRED

This guided experience is a direct result of a personal situation and experience regarding one's search for the Sacred.

The purpose of this experience is to enhance our intuition of the Sacred. This experience is inspired by the GE, The Child. It is different in the sense that it has 3 aspects: it does have some aspect of reconciling the past; a realization in the present; and hope for what could still come in one's future.

This guided experience could be done either alone or with others. To do this G. E. alone, one can record the experience (with the gaps included) and then played back.

........................................

I am taking a leisurely stroll along a park. It is Sunday and quite a few people are taking advantage of the warmth of the morning sun. *

I came along a young mother with her child hugging her skirt for comfort or protection. *

I stop and look at the child. *

I look into the child's eyes and felt an unexplainable sensation of force and joy spring forth from within me. *

I am amazed that I can feel the child's innocence, the child's purity ... *

I suddenly realize that at this very moment I am in the presence of the Sacred. **

------------------------

Now images from my youth start to come back to me. I begin to remember when I was at this same age. *

I begin to remember my toys, my playmates, the games I played... *

I see myself playing with my father. I remember his strong arms, his hugs. *

I see myself being dressed up by my mother. *

And how – like the child in the park – I feel good clinging to my mother's skirt for comfort and protection. *

I remember her warm embraces and her kisses. *

Then, I look at this child's eyes and felt an unexplainable sensation of force and joy spring forth from within me. *

I now remember how innocent I was when I was at this age; how pure of heart I was. *

I look at the young child's eyes and feel the Sacred within the child. *

Full of joy I begin to feel the Sacred within me. ***

Feeling like a child again -- innocent, pure, light, without fears nor worries -- I left the park with the realization that if I am to find the Sacred, I do not need to look very far -- for the Sacred could be re-discovered from within myself. All I have to do is take an inner look. *****

•••

No comments: